We're a little late with the pictures this week. And we really don't have an excuse because Julia's Nanny was here from Maryland and we should have had plenty of time to get the pictures posted. Oh well. More smiling this week, although they disappear whenever the camera comes out. And Julia seems to be going backwards in her feeding times. She used to be good for at least 2.5 hours from feeding to feeding, but lately I am lucky if she makes it to 2 hours...it is more like 1.5 hours. And now she is sleeping less at night as well, which is heartbreaking. Mainly because it means I get less sleep and end up more frustrated. I've been trying to break her of her habit of using me to fall asleep (she likes to nurse until she is sleeping), but have had no luck thus far. It seems like every time I think we are making progress, we move two steps backward. She gave us six hours of sleep the other night, but we haven't come close to repeating that since then. Add to that the fact that she most definitely smiles more with Dan and saves the pouty lip face for me and it is pretty demoralizing. At least she can hold her head up.



2 comments:
Hi Becky! Hang in there. It sounds like she she is going through a growth spurt and that is why she is eating more frequently. She looks beautiful!
Hey Becky! It does sound like a growth spurt--your milk supply will catch up with her appetite soon and she should go back to a more doable schedule. I remember one day early on when Jack nursed 15 times--I wasn't sure I was going to make it! She does hold her head up really well, though! And she is a cutie pie :)
Post a Comment