We have our two month check-up on Tuesday where Julia will get five shots. We've been warned by other parents to bring along some infant tylenol for afterwards. And that she might sleep the rest of the day, waking only to eat. I guess that would be the infant way of dealing with trauma. We weighed her yesterday and she is 13 lbs! And 23 inches long! She is already fitting into some of the 6 month clothes that relatives and friends sent; and looking extremely cute as well. Which makes her yelling when she is upset all the cuter...cute little baby dressed in cute outfits trying to look like she is angry.
Tonight was dinner with some friends from church. They have an 11 month old, Bridget, who is adorable. And such a contrast to Julia. Bridget was crawling all around, playing with Julia's toys, making babbling sounds, trying to open cabinet doors and lots of smiles. It is exciting to see what we have in store for us. I was also comforted by Cheri saying that Bridget was also an intense baby. She said that Bridget was also very aggressive when nursing, but grew out of it in her third month. Cheri also said that Bridget ended up hitting her developmental milestones before other babies her age. So we have an intense little baby that seems to be ahead of the curve. Another friend, Carmen, said that Julia probably realizes that she is a baby, but doesn't want to be one....instead she wants to already be walking and talking, etc.
We have some video of Julia on her 8 week day, but I haven't figured out how to download it to the computer yet. She is smiling more and more, especially when I sing to her. The subject of singing came up in our PEPS group on Wednesday. Some of the other mothers couldn't remember the words to classic baby songs. I remember the words, but I end up making up new ones. Like "This little light of mine" has become "That little bum of yours" and the other day we sang about "Slip, Slide into the Onsie" to the tune of "Slip Sliding Away". Plus there is the classic "Air Bubble in the Belly Blues". Dan knows that I have this terrible habit of making up songs about anything I happen to be thinking about or doing. I think it drives him crazy sometimes. And my coworkers know that I am always singing or humming or whistling in the lab. Thankfully it doesn't drive them crazy. But the ability to sing and make up silly little songs is coming in very handy now with Julia. It doesn't seem to drive her crazy yet.
On the picture front, here are a few shots from Mother's Day. And a special note to Gramma and Nanny...we are waiting for some photos to arrive in the mail and then your gifts for Mother's day will be on their way.

No comments:
Post a Comment