Only a day late, but that is alright. We still haven't mailed out the cards and gifts we made for our mothers (sorry Gramma and Nanny). But we had a nice day yesterday...Dan made breakfast and had bought some cinnamon monkey bread from the Macrina Bakery. It was delicious bread; we kept calling it the Chunky Monkey bread. Then we went to church, sat through the 1.5 hour long mass with only a single nursing break. They were giving out flowers after mass so I was the recipient of a beautiful peach rose. The mom handing them out said it would perk right up in water and it did. We then headed home to get ready for our afternoon at the zoo!
Julia was waiting for me in the bouncer seat (Dan had gotten her changed and dressed for the afternoon) with her Mother's Day gift tucked neatly in her left hand. I didn't see it at first and Dan had to point it out. She picked out a nice pair of earrings with little blue flowers, which shows that she has excellent taste at a young age. We then spent the next forty minutes looking for a parking space at the zoo. Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo is very cute; for such a small zoo they have a lot of interesting animals: tigers, lions, bears (oh my!), snow leopards, gorillas, emus, etc. Julia didn't pay attention to any of them. She nursed for 40 miuntes when we got there and slept the rest of the afternoon. But Dan and I had fun. We were both really tired when we finally got home though. Julia was nice to me last night and slept from 9pm to 3:30am. Which meant that I slept from 9:30pm to 3am.
Now we are into Attempted Sleep Week #2. Since she will be going to daycare in another eight weeks, I've decided that she needs to learn how to fall asleep on her own. She can do it every once in awhile, but not consistently. I have another motive though: I would love to be able to get one of those elusive naps every afternoon. My baby sleeps, but only when I wear her in the sling or if we go for a walk. Neither option allows me to doze. Last week was somewhat successful in attempted sleep, with Julia taking a few naps during the week. Not every afternoon, but at least twice. The problem is that I usually have more things to do when she is asleep (like calling Delta about infant fares) and I do not get to nap. So from now on I am just going to lay down right away. Right after the laundry is folded. And the chicken for dinner thawed. And the mailed sorted. I promise.
Anyway, here are some more pictures....
The lineup from our Childbirth Class Reunion (l to r) Maggie, Julia, Connor, Zev, Chloe, Lucy, Johan, and Theo.
A little fuzzy, but much cuter that way.
Oh and thank you to Tina and Amy for the comments...it was a growth spurt, but she still eats about 10-12 times a day. Which would explain why she weighs 12.5 pounds. Luckily she is 23 inches long so she carries it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment