Three Weeks and Counting
Well, we have entered the final countdown sequence and are awaiting the arrival of Claude/Maude anxiously. Not too anxiously though because I am sure that I will be pregnant for another three weeks. The doctor doesn't seem to think so, but everything about this pregnancy has been textbook thus far and it doesn't seem likely to change now. I was 2 cm dilated at 36 weeks, but there has been no change in the last week and the baby is head down at zero station. And I am getting tired of being pregnant.
We finally got the car seat installed (thanks for all of your tips, Tina!) and will have it checked tomorrow. So barring any labor tonight, we will have made it to the car seat check. The baptism class on the 25th is another matter though. The house is ready, although I still think that it could be cleaner. And don't get me started on all of the weeds that need to be pulled in the yard. Dan and I agreed though that it was too cold to start pulling weeds and we should wait for a warm and sunny day.
The cat has started regressing in her training. Since the weather has been warmer, more cats have been coming into our yard and this is causing her to jump on the kitchen counter to look out into the backyard. She gets down when I say her name in the threatening mother tone and sometimes even when I look at her. But I liked it better when she never jumped up there in the first place. I think that the sticky tape comes out this weekend. Dan has been using the vaccuum technique to keep her out of the nursery and that seems to be working very well. Of course, once the baby arrives and the vaccuum no longer lives in the nursery all bets are off.
Work is still going great as well...we're both rushing trying to get experiments done before the big day arrives. My labmates keep teasing me that I shouldn't set up any overnight experiments in case I won't be here to finish them. I was kind of hoping that Claude/Maude would arrive before this coming Monday so that I wouldn't have to give journal club, but no such luck this far. Besides I already have experiments planned for next week.
7 years ago
1 comment:
Glad to help. I remember being in your shoes... just walk slowly and, if there are any movies you want to see or books you want to read, do it now! House cleaning and weed pulling can always get done later; it's the leisure time you will miss the most.
Post a Comment