Sunday, March 19, 2006

Are We Done Yet?

Well, it looks like the birthday sweepstakes will get more interesting this week. Most people guessed dates within the next week. Dan also pointed out that between our two families, this next week has the highest chance of a double birthday occuring. And it might be this week. My boss guessed that I would go into labor sometime this weekend, but it hasn't happened yet. We managed to walk 2 miles yesterday and another 2 miles today and I am still feeling good. But this week could be the week.

I saw the doctor on Thursday and I am now at 3 cm, 50-70% effaced, and still at zero station. I am going to see her again on Wednesday (her on call day) when she will strip my membranes in an attempt to jump start labor. So Claude/Maude might just arrive this Wednesday. Or Thursday. Or keep us waiting for another week.

The important tasks have been completed though. Dan submitted his paper. He submitted his abstract for RNA Society. We made lasagna. We made stuffed shells. We froze lots of mozzarella cheese for pizzas. I finished sewing the laundry bag and the diaper stacker. We actually put diapers into the diaper stacker. I grew my final protein cultures (but have yet to spin them down..tomorrow's task). We now have a daycare slot, but not until September 5th. So we will have to do some creative scheduling through July and August to make it work. I finished the last painting, but now have to wait for the mat to be cut. Dan even cleared the cobwebs up around the apartment.

So we just keep waiting. And I just keep smiling when people ask, "Are you still here?" It seems as though a lot of people we know are surprised that I am still working. But what else would I do? I am not allowed to sit in any position except upright or leaning forward. I can only lay on my left side for so long. And although the knitting is keeping my hands busy, it also tends to put me to sleep. So I might as well work. Anyway, we'll keep you posted.

No comments: