Here are the baby shower pictures from the party at Sharona's (my boss) house....
Sharona with her youngest, Yael, who just turned 1 in January....
Becky and Dan chatting away with other members of the lab and their spouses....
Li and her husband Cary, and their son, Ed (who is six months old).
Opening gifts.....
A bouncer! Now we can mesmerize and vibrate the baby at the same time!
Opening more gifts (I think this one was the breast pump accessory set).

We had a great time and really appreciate the time and sentiment of everyone who came. We had a good spread of food for dinner (potluck) with Dan voting the sushi rice as his favourite dish. I liked the carrot cake that Carmen made.
Only 4.5 more weeks to go (or so they say) and we are getting more and more excited. We tried to put in the car seat on Saturday. Notice I said tried. I now understand why 80% of parents have them installed incorrectly. There just seems to be no way to get the thing tight enough so that it doesn't move around. And this was even after Dan kneeled in the car seat, putting his entire weight into the thing as I tightened the belts. We may have to try the latch system. And figure out a way to move the back seat further back so that the car seat is not resting on the front seats. We have the car seat inspection in another week or so, but I really think that we should be more ready than we are. Especially because Dan thinks that I should have had my bag packed already.
Don't forget to enter the Birthday Sweepstakes! The winner will receive our undying admiration for their psychic abilities, a place in history as the correct guesser of Claude/Maude's birthday, and the recipient of one of the first phone calls after Claude/Maude makes his/her appearance. Just drop either Dan or I an e-mail with your guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment