Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pictures of the New Digs

Yes, we moved. We moved into a really nice house in another neighborhood in Seattle, a bit closer to the sound, still on a hill, and only about 5 minutes further away from work. We are unpacked, although not totally organized yet. I think all of my moves growing up have left me well-prepared for unpacking immediately. We had 90% of our boxes unpacked, broken down, and given away by Sunday night (we moved in on Saturday). We had some great help though from our friends Paul and Stacy (she just moved here from New Haven! Yea!) and Dan's family in Olympia (Chip and Ed did the heavy hauling, Christina and Clare helped with the cleaning). And a special thanks to Mikael from our PEPS group for watching Julia.

We have been settling in over the last two weeks and I think Julia is starting to like the place. It has stairs that she can climb, a big deck with flowers to pull out of their pots (I don't think she likes my arranging skills), and lots of room to run around in. Here are some pics of the new place:

The backyard, with Julia successfully scaling the steps.


Time to take a break and eat some Raniers.




Our messy bedroom...this is where the unpacking stalled.




The living room...Julia's favorite place to read aloud to us.


The dining room....I think she was rushing to her chair to be fed some cheese.


Looking from the dining room to the kitchen...the door to the deck is on the left hand side across from the island.



Two sideways pictures of Julia's room...there is also room for a toybox (read Becky's GS footlocker)!

Finally! We get to check out the playground that is three blocks away. Right next to a baseball diamond....I think we will be spending lots of time here this summer.

Julia and I are off to California tomorrow to join up with Dan for a visit to Granddad and Grandpam. Then we come back to Seattle to get ready for a visit from Gramma and Grandpa. I think she is looking forward to showing them all of her new tricks.

1 comment:

Kathryn Thompson said...

When you get a second, can you please email me? I'm Kathryn and I write at Daring Young Mom.