

Things have been a little crazy here lately. Julia's first teeth have started coming in and they don't seem to bother her too much. Unless the current refusing to fall asleep for forty minutes is because of her teeth. It doesn't seem to be because rubbing her gums or giving her a cold washcloth or teether doesn't seem to help. Maybe she has decided that she just doesn't want to sleep anymore? Or maybe she has been getting too many co-sleeping ideas from one of her bedtime stories? The little book is cute, but all of the little baby animals get to sleep snuggled up next to their mothers. Except for the little human baby. Of course that baby just closes her eyes and falls fast asleep.
But there have been so many nice things to offset the trying times. We see so little of Julia awake these days that I am almost glad for the 5am feedings. Everything is quiet (except for the cat), Julia just snuggles into my arms, nurses eagerly, then falls asleep with a smile on her face. It is so nice. And it is nice being wanted by her too, especially when I come home from running errands on the weekend and see how excited she gets to see me. She is trying mightly to figure out foward crawling, but isn't ready to take the risk of moving her arms forward. She has almost achieved the downward dog position though. I think that girl has yoga in her future!
Another nice thing has been my Sunday afternoons. We decided that at some point on Sunday I will take Julia with me to run errands. Then when we get back, I can go for a walk, find a coffee shop, and knit for a couple of hours while Dan and Julia play. So nice to have a break! And this way we both get a break for a little while on the weekend.
And finally, someone asked us the other day how we handle dinners when we get home from work. I said that we made up a menu for the week (most weeks) and pretty much made dinner every night and ate with Julia. This person remarked that it was rather ambitious of us and that comment gave me pause. It never occurred to me to do any differently. I think I could count on one hand the number of times my family ate out growing up (if I'm wrong, please correct me Mom). It always seemed that my parents made dinner for us and we all ate together. So I don't see why I should do it any differently. But maybe I am crazy for thinking this way?
No comments:
Post a Comment