Today is a test for Julia and I. Dan went back to work to start some experiments that will run for the rest of the week and we are home alone. So far it is going pretty well, thanks to the sling. After eating, burping, sitting upright for some activity time, Julia is ready to sleep and I can carry her around in the sling until she wakes up again for another round. So we are falling into some kind of predictable routine.
Last night was a good sleeping night. We gave her a bath, then I fed her again around 8:30pm. And she went down fairly easily and slept until 12:30am or so. After that she slept again until 4:00am. She still wakes up at 6:00am or so, not hungry, but lonely. Once we bring her into the bed with us she calms right down and sleeps for another hour. This afternoon we took a nap together on the bed, which was a real blessing for me. Plus we even got some laundry done this morning and we get to make an excursion to the grocery store after she wakes up from her nap and is fed. I hope that I am doing the right thing by carrying her around in the sling with me so often. I know that she likes it (once she settles down) and I am playing with her before she decides she has had enough and starts to fuss.
Dan came home for lunch, which was nice, although we didn't get to eat it together. Dinner tonight is the lasagne we made before Julia arrived...it will provide dinners all week I think. Well, we might throw in some swedish meatballs as well. Maybe a pork roast if Dan gets really ambitious. He made a great dinner on Sunday for Easter: leg of lamb, sweet yams, and sauteed zucchini and mushrooms. I hope he continues to cook...he is really good at it. Anyway, I hear Miss Julia starting to stir. Here are some more Easter pictures....



No comments:
Post a Comment